Akenfield is an oral history project which charts the effects of industrial agriculture on the british rural worker it is a superb study of the conditions of farmers in the early twentieth through mid twentieth century. It was the essayist ronald blythe who first conjured up life in akenfield in 1969 with his depiction of traditional rural life as experienced in a fictional suffolk village just before it
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.